Sunday 19 February 2012

Slog...slog and slog...

Broadway ext, Broadway by jules_perox at Garmin Connect - Details

Right, awoke to snow today. Got out and found it iced over and a bit dang-erous to be honest.

So decided that I didn't want to be miles away from home in those conditions really, and I would be if I did the one single loop. So did the two laps. One long and one short.

And it all felt like hell today!

I blame bloody swimming yesterday!

I'm not sure the 5k Parkrun flat out really was the best idea. Today just felt like solid slog all the way round.
I was REALLY tempted to pack it in after the first 10 mile lap but pushed on thinking at least there were miles in the legs if nowt else; and that's exactly what i got really - miles in the legs and nowt else.

Pace was miles away from what I need and what I should have been at. Practically 40 seconds a mile.

But need some decent recovery today as am feeling completely wrecked now!

Onwards...

No comments:

Post a Comment